Obi-Wan Shinobi of Shitegeist recently made my day by nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. The thought that my blog might be inspiring, as well as “keeping the blogosphere a beautiful place” is fantastic, so thank you very much Obi-wan Shinobi.
His, is a blog that I admit I haven’t been following for long, but in the time that I have, I have found myself educated, challenged, enlightened and even entertained. Just what I love in a blog. I like his honesty, but also the way that he balances that line we all grapple with sometimes of what to share and what not to share. Enough of that though, except to say it would be well worth a visit.
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements
7 Facts About Myself:
- I have to admit what I confessed to Obi-Wan, and that is that the first live concert I went to was Cliff Richard. Yes, I know it’s sad!
- I studied music right through school, learnt several instruments, but never made myself an accomplished musician.
- I have walked over the Bridge Over The River Kwai (and I’m talking about the bridge, not the movie)
- I want a dog. A small one but not a ‘handbag dog’. How can people carry dogs in handbags? It’s so wrong.
- The first protest I was ever involved in was an anti-Apartheid march (in 1981)
- My parents were embarrassed when I was born. True. It’s says a lot, doesn’t it?
- I am currently reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Better late than never!
The bloggers I nominate for this award are:
Yes, I know the rules said 15 bloggers, but that’s it for now. I’m going for the minimalist approach. 🙂