I have been very slow to acknowledge receipt of some wonderful awards from some awesome bloggers. So before I go any further I need to say to those bloggers that I very much appreciate their recognition of my blog, and that my slowness to post about their awards is no reflection on how I feel. Actually I am quite overwhelmed by the recognition. So thank you. Now let me tell you about them, in the order I received them.
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Zen Lady from Reflections on Life Thus Far nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award (I admit this was quite a while back). I really like what she has to say on her blog so am honoured to receive her nomination. Thank you.
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules
1. Display the award logo on your blog. √
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. √
3. State 7 things about yourself. √ (see below)
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. √ (see below)
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements. √
7 things about me
(apologies if I have told you these before)
1. I’ll eat any chocolate, but prefer dark. BUt I hate melted chocolate. The texture is just all wrong for me.
2. My first LP (it was in the 1970’s) was The Best of Abba.
3. I failed French at school.
4. My favourite paper at university was a Sociology course on writing life histories. So far I’ve only done one and a half life histories. The half is my father’s life history and is still waiting to be finished.
5. The only pets I had as a child were two guinea pigs (called Patch and Badger). A few weeks after I got them some teenagers from the church next door let them out of their cage and Patch and Badger were never seen again. My parents refused me having any more pets.
6. I hate brussel sprouts.
7. I’m scared of Doctor Who. I have been as long as I can remember that music.
Nominations for Very Inspiring Blogs
(in no particular order)
Miss Mental Health’s Rant Space
And yes you’re right. That’s not 15. But 15?
The Brilliant Blog Award
The next award that came my way is the The Brilliant Blog Award from Lulu of Sunny With a Chance Of Armageddon. I have to admit that I was always an average student at school. Brilliant was not a word any teacher would have used to describe me. I did manage a couple of A+’s in my first year at university but still ‘brilliant’ wasn’t exactly me. So for Lulu to include me in her inaugural presentation of this award put a huge smile on my face. So thank you Lulu. It is very much appreciated.
- Write an acceptance speech, linking back to the person who gave it to you. √
- Write 7 things you believe in. √ (coming up shortly)
- Give the award to as many brilliant blogs as you would like to share the love. √ (below)
7 things I believe in
The right of all people to be treated equally regardless of:
And yes, that is seven. It maybe not be exactly what Lulu meant but I suspect she’ll let me off.
Nominations for Brilliant Blogs
(still in no particular order)
Empathy 2012: wake up – change yourself – change the world
…But She’s Crazy
Sweet As NZ Girl
Rebel Youth NZ
Voices of Glass
Zen Lady Meditating from Reflections on Life Thus Far has been very generous in also nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Big smiles. Thank you so much. May I be thought of as a lovely blog for a long time to come.
The rules are:
- Display the award logo on your blog √
- Link back to the person who nominated you √
- State seven things about yourself √ (I’m cheating. See above)
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them √ (coming up)
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements √
(in no particular order)
The Mirth of Despair
Pride in Madness
I Love Being Hypomanic
Summer Solstice Musings
NB. Again you’ll note that I can’t count to 15, but I did say above that I was only an average student.
Carolyn Hughes of The Hurt Healer has kindly awarded me the Sunshine Award. Carolyn’s blog is one of my favourites simply because I feel like I’ve been sitting in the warm sun when I have read her post. They make me feel good. So it is indeed a great honour to receive this award from her. Thanks Carolyn.
This award is ‘given and passed on to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.’
The rules are:
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post. √
- Do the Q&A below. √ (see below)
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs. √
Here’s the prescribed questions. I think I have answered these before but it was a while ago so forgive me if I repeat myself.
1.Who is your favourite philosopher?
Calvin & Hobbes
2. What is your favourite number?
I don’t have one. Why should one number be better than another?
3. What is your favourite animal? (you’ll note I can’t count again)
4. What is your favourite time of day?
Early mornings (when I can make it)
5. What are your Facebook and Twitter accounts?
Facebook: Infinite Sadness… or what?
6. What is your favourite holiday?
Canadian road trip 1990
7. What is your favourite physical activity?
It makes me tired thinking about it. Right now all I do is walk, usually to the car.
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? (and again)
1. Coffee (strong and never instant)
2. Freshly squeezed orange juice
9. What is your passion?
Check out The Passions Profile Challenge
10. What is your favourite flower?
Daisies (I think that goes without saying, but I love pretty much all flowers).
Nominations for Sunshine Blogs
Canadian Hiking Photography
Crazy In The Coconut
Sparkly Blue Butterfly Magical Fairy Dust Sprinkles Of Love
Human In Recovery
Reality Blog Award
The last award I need to acknowledge is the Reality Blog Award, given to me by Kevin from Voices of Glass. Being real is something that is important to me. To me it can be a fine line between too much and too little. I hope I manage to balance that line and I very much appreciate Kevin’s acknowledgement that he sees my blog as rea. Thanks Kevin.
The rules for this award are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you √
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them √
- Answer the 5 questions presented √ (coming right up)
- Nominate up to 20 blogs for the award and notify them on their blogs √
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere √
The Questions (and Answers)
1. If you could change one thing what would you change?
Peace not hate (I say hate rather than war because I believe that hate causes war)
2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
I’d like to be a pre-schooler again because I’d like that little girl to learn that she matters. I want someone to say to her “You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important”. Not just once, but over and over again until she believed it.
3. What one thing really scares you?
Fire. Even the flame of a match scares me. The fear comes from witnessing an extremely traumatic event a long time ago. The trauma might be dealt with but the fear remains.
4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
I’ve got a couple of very special people who I need to meet in person. And yes, one day it will happen. I don’t know how, but that’s not important. What is important is that it will happen.
5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?
This is a really hard one that I have had to put off posting this until I sorted this out. So many options, but only one choice. I think I’m going to have to pass. I know that’s terribly slack but…
Nominations for Real Blogs
Soul Destruction – London Call Girl Diary & Book
Reflections on Life Thus Far
Tracie Louise Photography
And finally I have one more award to tell you about that I just got yesterday. But as this is already so long, I’ll hold off and tell you about it soon. Thanks for bearing with me. 🙂
“The applause was so loud and insistent that I had to respond with several encores. I was numb with happiness, when it was over, I knew that this alone must be my life and my world.”
― Leni Riefenstahl