I must appear to be so ungrateful because it has taken me so long to get to acknowledge the Awards I have been nominated for recently. Actually I am very grateful, and honoured to be recognised in this way. So hopefully I don’t actually resemble the cow. I have little real excuse so I’m not even going to try, but I do want to say an enormous thank you to those who nominated me. I do very much appreciate Awards when they come and my tardiness should not in anyway be seen as a reflection of my gratitude.
Firstly my good mate Kevin of Voices of Glass has very generously nominated me for two Awards in the past few weeks. So thank you very much from both me and the cow. The Awards are:
The Inspiration Award apparently comes with no rules. I love Awards like that, but somewhere along the way someone made up some questions I should answer, so here goes:
1. If you were a Disney character, who would you be? Minnie Mouse. I like her clothes, although can’t quite see me in that outfit.
2. What was your 1st job? Slicing bananas and washing pots at a catering company.
3. If you had to live in a so called “3rd world country”, which would it be? I’d go to Haiti. I’m sure it wouldn’t at all be pleasant, but I’ve seen Christchurch’s post-quake conditions and know enough to know that Haiti’s are so much worse. Maybe I could do something to help.
4. Coen or Farrelly Brothers? I’m going to go with Coen brothers on this, only because the movies The Farrelly’s come up with are just too ridiculous for words (for me anyway). But I could be proven wrong, and I’m open to suggestion.
5. Favorite baby/child’s book? I am very fond of A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond but when I was little I had a book of the Christian Christmas Nativity Story. It was very special to me, not the least reason being that at around five years old I had carefully printed my name inside it. Unfortunately I think it got left behind when I left my marriage (it was a fast removal of posessions so a few things didn’t make it). I did try to get it back eventually, but by then it had been turfed. I was very upset.
6. Favorite non-existent punishment (well, non-existent in “1st world countries”) for monsters who harm the defenseless? This is a hard one and I’m been contemplating it for several days now. I think I’ll go with stoning, basically because I very much subscribe to the principle of “let the one who’s never fallen throw the first stone”. It won’t be me throwing the stones on that basis.
7. What’s your favorite thing to do that is not strictly legal? I’m absolutely sure I’m not going to tell you. 😉
8. How many times would you call the cops on your non-native (I’m an immigration professional – the variety that bring people INTO the US, this complaint is not about their race or heritage, it’s about their lack of respect) neighbors playing mariachi music outside all night long because they don’t have to get up in the morning before you just started hucking stuff out the window at them? Okay so I’m not in the US, and dare I say it, I don’t know what mariachi music is. And while the person who came up with these questions might be an immigration professional, I just don’t see why this is a race issue (and yes, I still think this is a race issue by the fact that they are identified as non-native. What’s more I wouldn’t be wasting my own stuff throwing it out the window at them. I might however call Noise Control around midnight.
9. What’s an image that depicts how you feel right now? This is one I posted on my Facebook page a few days back and actually, it is completely true.
10. What’s your favorite ridiculous video? This is an oldy but a goody. If you’ve never watched it, make sure you watch all the way to the end.
As for the Sunshine Award, I have to admit I wasn’t a little ray of sunshine the day I got this, so am not sure I fully deserve it. Although the Award’s delivery did definitely perk me up, so I’m hanging on tight.)
So anyway, here are my answers….
- Favorite philosopher? Can I have two? Calvin and Hobbes.
- Favorite bad habit? Dark chocolate and strong coffee
- Age? 46 (but think I’m 28 and feel about 80)
- Favorite time of day? Mornings. There’s not much better than a sunrise, especially when I see it rise out of the sea (a 10 minute drive away).
- Favorite time of year? Spring (I love the daffodils and my city is full of them in spring)
- Favorite dead celebrity? I don’t really go in for celebrities much. Sorry, I just can’t choose.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Snoopy’s Christmas? IDK, most Christmas movies are a bit much for me.
- Favorite vacation? A month spent travelling through Canada in 1990. I just wish it had been longer. One day I’m going back. And I’m going to squeeze in another one a year later down to Stewart Island (the dot at the bottom of New Zealand). That was a fantastic holiday, just not long enough. It’s a great place to check out.
- Physical activity? Going to bed. LOL Fibro is keeping me from feeling too physical right now. Give me time and I’ll be back on my feet.
- Favorite thing? Being with my 19 month old niece L and her two older brothers, J and T. Love it!
Continuing right on, I was also fortunate enough to be nominated (and yes, this is the last one) by Dorothy of I Love Being Hypomanic for the new Daisy Award. Daisies happen to be my favourite flower, so it extra nice to be nominated for this. Even more so, I have to admit that while I have been following another of Dorothy’s blogs, Out of the Lens Photography and love it (except for the recent post on spiders – sorry Dorothy, I told you I couldn’t like it), I had no idea that she had this blog. So two surprises in one day, an Award and another excellent blog to follow. Thank you so much Dorothy.
The rules for this Award are:
* Thank the person who nominated you.
* Tell your readers 7 unusual things about yourself.
* Nominate some worthy bloggers.
I’m sorry but I really think I’ve given you enough crazy things about me for one day, so I’m going to bow out of seven unusual things. If you have an objection to that, let me know…
Nominations for the Inspiration Award go to:
And nominations for the Sunshine Award go to:
And nominations for the Daisy Award go to: